• A broad base of knowledge about computers, printers, and networking technology.
• Technical expertise in php, html, C++ and general coding guidelines.
• Specific experience in setting up networks from the physical layer (Routing, switches, laying cat5/6 cable) to the networking layer (TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, NetBIOS) to the administrative layer (Configuration of NTFS, Active Directory, Share permissions and usergroups).
• Highly motivated and able to adjust work schedule to meet deadlines and goals.
Date of Employment : 5/1/2005-2010
Maryhaven Center of Hope
Port Jefferson, NY
Information Technologies Coordinator
• Responsible for the desktop support of 26 Windows XP computers for the use of teachers in an educational environment.
• Duties included end user support, computer repair and maintenance, network management inclusive of installing new equipment as needed.
• Advanced networking as needed inclusive of firewall setup, permissions and installing and repairing networked color laser printers.
• In charge of researching new technologies for use in an educational environment and advising the principal about cost to benefit ratio for these purchases.
Other related experience:
• Have set up and administrated Unix servers, managed Samba shares, set up and maintained a MySQL database.
• I have administrated and maintained a MUD (Multi-user-dungeon online game) coded in a programming language known as LPC (Line interpreted C code) for a span of 5 years.
• I am an avid PC gamer and have built and maintained numerous desktop systems over the years for friends and personal use. I always keep current on new
technology to enhance performance and always stay at the cutting
edge of the spectrum.
• Coded and maintained my own website using basic HTML, PHP and Java.
• I have developed windows applications using Visual studio C++ for personal use.
• I continue to upgrade my knowledge of technology through online coursework and certifications.